Reno-based nonprofit looking for a donation pick-up driver to join their team during their peak seasons.
Position: Donation Pick-Up Driver
Employment Type: Temp-to-Hire
Location: Reno, NV
Pay Rate: $10.00 – $14.00/hr
Shifts: Thursday-Saturday 8am-5pm
Overview of Position:
Helper will assist company driver with the pickup and delivery of donations, loading and unloading of product, emptying bins, sorting trash, moving furniture onto and out of truck, assist with GPS directions and other duties as directed by company driver. Responsibilities of driver include:
- Report early as 8 a.m. or as scheduled.
- Complete daily vehicle inspections and safely operate truck; report all concerns to the Donation Manager.
- Deliver all donations to St. Vincent’s store and record weight delivered with store staff.
- Complete all daily scheduled stops and record the quantity of items received accurately.
- Communicate all concerns with the route via cell phone as required.
- Maintain a neat appearance and professional, courteous conduct with all members of the public,
- Submit completed paperwork and receipts to the Donation Manager at the end of each day.
Driving Truck and Picking Up Items
- Complete daily route of scheduled pick-ups as set by the Donation Manager.
- Pick-up donations at homes, businesses, donation bins and storage containers.
- Empty donation bin items into donation carts, making sure to place non-accepted items into garbage bags. Load any dumped items (mattresses, furniture, etc.) and trash bags into truck.
- Communicate with business and home stops via phone as needed and leave receipts.
- Safely lift and organize goods in carts/truck; requires lifting of odd and heavy objects, loading carts onto lift gate, and making sure carts are secured prior to travel.
- Maintain strictest adherence to safety on the road.
- Maintain a safe driving record and valid driver’s license (no CDL required).
- Report any injury or accident promptly.
Delivery of Goods
- If needed, unload trash and dumped items from truck into trash container.
- Obtain truck weight at designated scale location prior to unloading at St. Vincent’s.
- Lift and unload loose objects/bags/furniture out of the truck into St. Vincent’s carts and using the lift gate, unload the carts off the truck.
- Complete donation paperwork with store staff and load empty carts onto truck.
Customer Service/Agency Support
- Act as an ambassador of the Agency when interacting with the public.
- Work closely with the Donation Manager to accomplish tasks.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a team player attitude and ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Requires strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to successfully organize and monitor the completion of tasks and follow instructions.
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be flexible, with ability to adjust work schedule to meet operational requirements; may occasionally include occasional evenings or weekends.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test. A drug test may be required after a traffic incident.
- Be able to lift and carry:
- Objects: various shapes and sizes.
- Distances: up to 100 feet at one time.
- Weight: 1 to 50 pounds frequently, 50 to 75 pounds occasionally.
- Lift: from the floor to a height of 34” (truck cargo box floor) and to a height of 70” (for stacking merchandise inside cargo box).
- Be able to drive/work the course of an 8 day, stopping at numerous addresses and work in all weather conditions including extreme heat, cold, and possibly slippery footing.
- Be able to push and pull donation carts loaded with up to 500 pounds.
- Be able to squat and bend up and down to unload donation bins and pickup furniture.
- Be subject to criminal background check.
- Driver must have valid NV driver’s license, no at-fault accidents, or serious moving violations within the past three (3) years, proof of insurance.
- One year demonstrated experience and appropriate skills working with a truck and/or transport of goods.