This expert interview is with Kevin Badger CEO of Pel-State Services. In this interview we talk about Kevin’s journey and advice on transitioning out of the military and into a career. We also talk about mentorship, conflict management, recruiting from within, and much more!
Here are some of the times & topics covered in case you would like to jump to a specific part.
- 00:42- Who is Kevin Badger and what does he do?
- 01:15 – Size & scope of Pel-State team
- 02:17 – How are you finding employees?
- 05:02 – The power of recruiting from within and training the next level of leaders
- 07:26 – How to empower your team
- 10:59 – Navigating the transition out of the military into a career
- 15:57 – The importance of customized resumes per position
- 19:55 – The power of mentorship
- 22:11 – Story about the impact of networking and the importance of the long game
- 25:19 – How to deal with conflict in the workplace
- 29:39 – Advice to your younger self
- 32:10 – Book recommendation
- Kevin’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinbadger1/
- Pel-State Services: https://www.pelstate.com/
- Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History – https://a.co/d/ceJVSDw
- On War and Leadership: The Words of Combat Commanders from Frederick the Great to Norman Schwarzkopf – https://a.co/d/6zkOTuL