This expert interview is with Kelly Ross CEO of Piedmont Women’s Center. In this interview we talk about recruiting and retention as it applies to the nonprofit world. It is 3x the work as you have to recruit and retain staff, volunteers and board members. We explore various lessons she has learned along the way. There are some great nuggets in this conversation.
Here are some of the times & topics covered in case you would like to jump to a specific part.
- 00:43 – Who is Kelly Ross & what does she do?
- 01:12 – Kelly’s journey
- 02:47 – Why Kelly picked the nonprofit world
- 04:49 – How she is finding team members
- 09:09 – Finding volunteers & keeping them engaged
- 12:01 – Finding and retaining board members
- 16:59 – Lessons learned around recruiting
- 21:44 – Tips for retaining staff
- 26:08 – Raising funds & increasing sponsorships
- 31:19 – Contact information
- 32:04 – Advice to your younger self
- 33:41 – Book recommendation
- 35:18 – Valued & Validated – Bonus advice
- Kelly’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kelly-ross-rt-r-m-mr-78901115/
- Piedmont Women’s Center: https://piedmontwomenscenter.org/
Recommended Book: If Aristotle Ran General Motors – https://a.co/d/1FZcEq5